planchettes.com - Exotic Imported Rosewood & Beautiful Domestic Hardwood Planchettes for Ouija Board Use and Automatic Writing...
These planchettes are created from incredible rosewoods, domestic hardwoods & high-quality laminated woods. They are available with many options allowing the user to pick a planchette particulary suited for their needs and tastes.
Many of our wooden planchettes are based on ancient "sacred geometry" like "phi" and the "Golden Section..." These planchettes are timeless in form and produce by far the most dramatic results.
We are proud to manufacture and sell the highest quality psychic appliances ever crafted...
The History of Psychic Tools Psychic tools have a history going back thousands of years. We attempt to explain the evolution of these "devices" as well as show the connections between each of them. From the "pendulum board" used by Pythagoras through the most recent inventions.
Thomas Alva Edison and the Spirit World Thomas Edison is certainly regarded as one of the great minds of the ages. He has over 3,000 patents to his credit, more than anyone in history. Thomas Edison invented, among thousands of other things, the light bulb, the phonograph and many other "miracles of science" which we take foregranted today. Did you know that he spent years of his life building a machine which could communicate with the dead???
The "Ouija Board" - Fact, Fiction & Folklore The "ouija board" has been accused of many things. Some claim it's a direct link to the spirit world. Others would have you think that if you as much as went near one, you'd open the gates to hell and become posessed, just like the little girl in "The Exorcist..." We explore the FACTS and let the reader judge for themselves...
Do Spirits Write Books??? Via automatism and seances, many books have been published which credit supernatural entities with the authorship. We offer a synopsis of several well known, as well as nearly completely obscure books. We begin with discussing the "Seth Books", certainly the most famous of the lot. We also explore another book by well-resepected authors. In their book, they report to have communicated with famous "ghosts" including George Washington. Although this book is from 1882, they have some interesting things to report from entities living on Mars...
The Truth About Automatic Writing Automatic Writing is a powerful ability which most of us have yet to explore. We examine the evidence on hand and attempt to explain this phenomenon as well as potentials which are hardly explored.
Ouija Boards in the Movies... Psychic tools such as the "ouija board" have made their way into the spotlight many times. We reminisce about some of our favorites.
Divination or Fortune Telling
Divination is the attempt to foretell the future or discover occult knowledge by interpreting omens or by using paranormal or supernatural powers. The list of items that have been used in divination is extraordinary. Below are listed just a few. Many end in 'mancy', from the ancient Greek manteia (divination), or 'scopy', from the Greek skopein (to look into, to behold).
- aeluromancy (dropping wheatcakes in water and interpreting the result)
- aeromancy (divination by examining what the air does to certain things)
- alectoromancy or alectryomancy (divination by a cock: grains of wheat are placed on letters and the cock "spells" the message by selecting grains)
- alphitomancy (dropping barleycakes in water and interpreting the result)
- anthropomancy (divination by interpreting the organs of newly sacrificed humans)
- astragalomancy or astragyromancy (using knucklebones marked with letters of the alphabet)
- axinomancy (divination by the hatchet: interpreting the quiver when whacked into a table)
- belomancy (divination by arrows)
- bronchiomancy (divination by studying the lungs of sacrificed white llamas)
- capnomancy (divination by the smoke of an altar or sacrificial incense)
- catoptromancy or crystallomancy (using mirrors or lenses)
- cephalomancy (divination by a donkey's head)
- chiromancy (palmistry)
- cleidomancy (divination by interpreting the movements of a key suspended by a thread from the nail of the third finger on a young virgin's hand while one of the Psalms was recited)
- coscinomancy (divination by a balanced sieve)
- cromniomancy (divination by onions)
- dactylomancy (divination by means of rings put on the fingernails or the number of whorls and loops on the fingers)
- daphnomancy (divination using the laurel branch: how did it crackle when burned?)
- extispicy (divination by examining entrails)
- fractomancy (interpreting the structures of fractal geometric patterns)
- gyromancy (divination by walking around a circle of letters until dizzy and one falls down on the letters or in the direction to take)
- haruspicy (inspecting the entrails of slaughtered animals)
- hydromancy (divination by examining what certain things do in water or when taken out of water, such as coffee grounds or tea leaves); hydatoscopy (if rainwater is used); pegomancy (if spring-water is used)
- hepatoscopy or hepatomancy (divination by examining the liver of sacrificed animals)
- kephalonomancy (burning carbon on the head of an ass while reciting the names of suspected criminals; if you're guilty, a crackling sound will be heard when your name is spoken)
- lampadomancy (interpreting the movements of the flame of a lamp)
- libanomancy (interpreting the smoke of incense)
- lithomancy (divination using precious stones)
- lecanomancy (dropping precious stones into water and listening for whistles)
- margaritomancy (divination by the pearl: if it jumps in the pot when a person is named, then he is the thief!)
- metoposcopy (interpreting frontal wrinkles)
- molybdomancy (divination by melted lead: interpreting its noises and hisses when dropped into water)
- myrmomancy (divination by watching ants eating)
- necromancy (communicating with spirits of the dead to predict the future)
- oinomancy (divination by wine)
- omphalomancy (interpretation of the belly button)
- oneiromancy (interpretation of dreams)
- onychomancy (interpreting the reflection of sun rays off fingernails)
- ornithomancy or orniscopy (interpreting the flights of birds)
- ovomancy or oomancy or ooscopy (breaking eggs into a container of water and interpreting the shape of the egg white)
- papyromancy (divination by folding paper)
- pyromancy or pyroscopy (divination by fire)
- rhabdomancy (using the divining rod or magic wand)
- rhapsodmancy (divination by a line in a sacred book that strikes the eye when the book is opened after the diviner prays, meditates or invokes the help of spirits)
- sideromancy (interpreting straws thrown on a red-hot iron)
- skatharomancy (interpreting the tracks of a beetle crawling over the grave of a murder victim)
- splanchnomancy (reading cut sections of a goat liver)
- tasseography (reading tea leaves)
- tiromancy (interpreting the holes or mold in cheese)
- urim v'tumim (reading sacred stones attached to
the breastplate of the high priest in ancient Judaism)
- uromancy (divination by reading bubbles made by urinating in a pot)